obey-robots.txt
Onderwerp bekijken
Ziggo verbindingsproblemen. Geen verbinding met internet? Meld hier je ervaringen met storingen. Zo kunnen storingen inzichtelijk gemaakt worden.
 Onderwerp afdrukken
[engels] internet connection sooooo slow
Fynci
Hi all,

I'm hoping that somebody will be able to help here.

I have moved into a place with internet access included, however the speed is dreadful. I downloaded the latest version of Safari today, and it took 45 minutes!!!! - this is not normal....

The set-up has a SBV 5120E surfboard modem, and a Sitecom 300N router. It all connects together, and plugs into a wall socket, which has three cables coming out - the modem - the tv cable - the radio cable.

I have tried rebooting the modem, rewiring, trying wireless, trying hard wiring from laptop to router, the connection remains unusable.

Any ideas?

Fynci
Here's some screenshots, just to show how dreadful it is....

speed
ping

CnC4_King
Have you tried to turn of the power of both devices. After that turn the casema modem on first and when the online led comes up turn on the router. If the connection is still slow then there is something wrong.
Also check if the casema-modem is correctly connected (cables from the wall to modem).

I know that some people have free internet from ziggo that is very slow.

Fynci

CnC4_King schreef:
Have you tried to turn of the power of both devices. After that turn the casema modem on first and when the online led comes up turn on the router. If the connection is still slow then there is something wrong.
Also check if the casema-modem is correctly connected (cables from the wall to modem).

I know that some people have free internet from ziggo that is very slow.

Thanks. I tried that, but to no avail. I read through a number of forums, and tried a few things, and now I think there must be something badly wrong...

I did a ipconfig /all and the DHCP server was active, and the Default gateway/ DHCP server and DNS server all showed 192.168.0.1 - the modem is 192.168.100.1 and the Sitecom router is 192.168.0.1 - when I tried to do a ipconfig /renew it came up with "Unable to contact DHCP server", any ideas?

CnC4_King
From that screen shot i see that u now have an 83.xx.xx.xx number. What happens if you connect your laptop or pc directly to the ziggo-modem. Some people get a different ip like 94.xx.xx.xx. Anyway it doesnt matter but what is your speed if you disconnect the router en connect directly by cable to your pc or laptop?

Deze website gebruikt Awin affiliate links en Google advertenties, om deze service voor iedereen gratis te houden.
Spring naar forum:
Nieuw onderwerp Antwoorden
Gebruik BBcode of HTML om naar; '[engels] internet connection sooooo slow', te verwijzen!
BBcode:
HTML:
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp Forum         Laatste bericht
Lang geen internet en slechte communicatie Klacht over Ziggo : 3 15-04-2024
PS4 wakker maken via internet? Eigen netwerk : 2 09-01-2022
Alecto ws-4500 wel ip geen internet? Ziggo kabel modems: Ubee, Cisco, Motorola, Arris, etc. : 3 06-12-2021
Ziggo biedt heel Amsterdam gigabit-internet Ziggo nieuws : 1 13-10-2020
Ziggo herstart landelijke uitrol gigabit-internet in Hoogvliet Rotterdam Ziggo nieuws : 1 28-07-2020
Advertentie