obey-robots.txt
Onderwerp bekijken
Klachten over Ziggo onderdeel. Post hier je Ziggo klacht over storing met internet, telefonie, televisie of modem.
 Onderwerp afdrukken
Constant Internet Problems
cachirro
i'm having constant speed breakdowns, i pay for 60Mb and i had day over day that i wouldn't get 1Mb download.

After several calls to ziggo, then a technician came home, and basically said "it's all ok from us", go figure, he said i couldn't have TWO televisions, so i had to disconnect the cable that goes to one room, and the signal now is only going to the living room, that feed 1 tv and 1 pc via cable.

i started thinking, what the hell, is NL in the 3rd world?? 1 tv? i had in my previous country as many as i wanted and never ever the signal of internet went down, anyway...

after that i had a couple of weeks with the speed in acceptable values, but all changed again, the values keep going up and down, here is my speed results from the last months:
http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=895faae5de51465fb6af394e0b1b15b7&ria=0
(the upload levels are never affected, so this has to be a problem with the block cell, probably doesn't has enough power to feed the total clients his serving)

the is only 1 of the bad quality line i'm getting, the other is the status page of the router:
router
router ubee evw321b

as you can see, it has 15 MILLION errors, and it was on just for about 15 minutes, he's generating about ONE MILLION errors per minute, imagine how it is after 1 day of work, then the net gets really annoying to use, and to a point that the router just reboots.

Can anyone share any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks for your time.

ps: a new technician visit is schedule for 24/3, but i have few hopes for good results from it, it's like we don't pay to get a working service and we must accept it with faults, it's like i said on the phone, this will be my last call, after that i will be changing providers.
Gewijzigd door cachirro op 21-03-2014 18:47

mesa57
Power is on the low side and snr also. Is the modem directly connected to the cable outlet ?

MediaZoo
I all cases you can connect unlimited devices to your cable outlet. But you have to use an amplifier to have the right signal strength.

As said earlier, your power and SNR are te low. If de technicians of Ziggo told you there is nothing wrong with their network you should look inside.

Most of the times de wall outlet of connectors on the cable are connected the wrong way which causes lost of signal.

So check al your connections is my advice.
Computer, Internet, Televisie, Kabels, Versterkers, Splitters, Connectoren, TV kabels doormeten: http://www.mediazoo.nl

cachirro
this is the current state, it's on since the last post:
Untitled

you can see it has 2 billion errors, and now the speedtest doesn't goes above 1mb Sad

about the connections.

the line enters a cabinet in the hallway, there was a splitter that split the signal to the living room and then to the bedroom, that was removed (because that was the problem said the technician which makes no sense, cause i must have tv in wherever i want)
after that the signal worked ok for like 2 or 3 weeks, but then again, it started to have problems again all of the sudden.
in the living room, the cable splits in a kind of splitter sent by ziggo that splits to one cable to the modem, and one cable to the tv. then, from modem to pc is a lan cable.

i've tried to buy an inline signal booster, but when i plug that in, either on the tv cable, modem cable, or first entering calbe, the services stop to work, modem can't fix signal, and tv finds no channels, so i can't boost the signal.

if i pay the technician (if necessary) will he provide me with the necessary material and perform the works?
or should this be made by ziggo of no charge?

because, it can't be anything wrong with my side, because it is working fine for some time, and then all of the sudden starts to go bad, coincidence or not, it's always after ziggo performs works on the network.

cachirro
i've decided to make a test that i had the conditions to do, which was:
in the living room, after the ziggo splitter (splits to tv/net/radio) i had a coaxial cable to the router, then the router next to the pc and connected with small lan cable.
i've moved the router close the the ziggo splitter, used an high quality small coax cable, and plugged a long cat5e lan cable to the pc.

here are the results of the test.

previously:
test1

now:
test2

the speedtest clearly shows differences, the only thing left to know is if this will last this way.
about the current SNR and power, are they ok now? what are the values i should have?

thanks for helping.

ps: should i call to cancel the technician?

mesa57
Much better Smile Now you can go back step by step and see where the problem starts.

Deze website gebruikt Awin affiliate links en Google advertenties, om deze service voor iedereen gratis te houden.
Spring naar forum:
Nieuw onderwerp Antwoorden
Gebruik BBcode of HTML om naar; 'Constant Internet Problems', te verwijzen!
BBcode:
HTML:
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp Forum         Laatste bericht
Lang geen internet en slechte communicatie Klacht over Ziggo : 4 22-04-2024
PS4 wakker maken via internet? Eigen netwerk : 2 09-01-2022
Alecto ws-4500 wel ip geen internet? Ziggo kabel modems: Ubee, Cisco, Motorola, Arris, etc. : 3 06-12-2021
Ziggo biedt heel Amsterdam gigabit-internet Ziggo nieuws : 1 13-10-2020
Ziggo herstart landelijke uitrol gigabit-internet in Hoogvliet Rotterdam Ziggo nieuws : 1 28-07-2020
Advertentie